Below are the latest news and announcements from Columbia Mail.
Due to the University Holiday on Friday, June 19 for all faculty, staff, and students, both the Student Package Center and the Administrative Mail Office will be closed. Regular summer hours will resume on Monday.
The Student Mail Center and Administrative Mail office will begin summer hours on Tuesday, June 23.
The following frequently asked questions (FAQ) relate to Administrative Mail operations and safety precautions during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Due to a change in the open hours of Wien Hall, the Student Mail Center hours of operation will be 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, effective Wednesday, April 1.
The Student Mail Center will be open, with amended operating hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please read the FAQs thoroughly before emailing Student Mail with questions. Thank you for your cooperation.
Columbia Mail recently installed a new package locker in John Jay Hall for use by students with a disability or temporary injury.
In an effort to beat the “Fall Rush” of packages delivered to the Student Mail Center each year, Columbia Mail committed to delivering all bulk packages – measuring at least 4 cubic feet or 20 pounds in weight – ordered before August 27 to residence halls in advance of student move-in.
With the objective of providing more service to returning students on move-in day, the Student Mail Center will open early on Saturday, August 31. Operating hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Starting Monday, August 26 and during the remainder of Check-In, orientation, and the first week of classes (August 26 – September 8), access the Student Mail Center through 70 Morningside Drive, between 116th and 118th Streets.
Starting September 9, enter through Wien Hall main entrance, show University ID card, and proceed to lower level.
Hours are as follows:
Friday 8/30: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 8/31: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 9/1: Closed
Monday 9/2: Closed (Labor Day holiday)
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Student Mail introduces Smart Lockers: After-hour access to important mail or packages. Located on the lower level of Wien Hall, lockers will be available upon request.
How it works:
- Lockers are accessible only when the Student Mail Center is closed.
- Locker space is limited and so usage is prioritized for critical needs, such as:
- medication (non-perishable only, lockers are not refrigerated)
- time-sensitive materials (e.g. employment documents, identification)
- items of high value (e.g. cell phone, laptop)
- There are 28 lockers in total, the largest being 22x16x13.5 (LxWxH). Over-sized packages are not eligible for lockers.
- To request a locker, students should reply to the email notification received when mail or a package has arrived.
- Lockers cannot be reserved for mail or packages before they are received and processed at the Student Mail Center.
- Students that are unable to reach high or bend down should indicate that a mid-level locker is needed.
- The email request must be received by 3:00 p.m. the day the locker is needed in order to be considered.
- By 5:00 p.m., Student Mail will send a confirmation email with a 6-digit pin to open the locker.
- If the item is not picked up by 9:00 a.m. the following morning, the item will be removed from the locker and returned to the Student Mail Center for pick up. The student will not receive further email notifications.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 212-854-0100.
Columbia Mail partners with Swiss Post Solution (SPS) to operate service in the Undergraduate Student Package Center, located in the lower level of Wien Hall. The Package Center was recognized by SPS as the 2016 Large Site of the Year Award winner.